As I write this my heart sinks into my chest, heavy from the awfulness in this world. Looking across the beautiful countries of this Earth are saturated by violence and hate. From North Korea to Spain, Saudi Arabia to Africa and right here to my home in the USA. No place is unscathed from the vileness hate spews but those who hate are the few and we who embrace humanity are the many.
To those who have lost their lives in other countries my heart goes out to you and your loved ones left behind. To those who lost their lives in the senseless shootings in Las Vegas, NV my heart goes to you and your loved ones. I see so many well wishes, prayers and love sent from around the world to other countries and people in these hard times. I embrace your humanity and love and I hope you embrace mine.
Those who hold kindness and love in their hearts for their fellow human beings: We are the many and they are the few.
(The audio is in English but subtitled are in Spanish)
I sip my hot honey tea
As I breathe in this crisp morning air
The summer heat
Taken over by cool breeze
Wrapped in a hoodie and sweat pants
I smile as I see the leaves changing from green to beautiful autumn shades
Inspiring changes within myself
The month I love the most
Full of pumpkin spice
Welcome the new me
Two people in the blogging community just made my day. I have been nominated by GrabbetyCovens and Love Yourself for the Most Active Blogger Award. I am so happy, excited and blessed all at the same time. Having one blogger nominate me for anything makes me so happy, so having two amazing bloggers nominate me- I’m definitely on cloud 9 right now!
Now to talk about these amazing people:
GrabbetyCovens the tagline of his blog says it all, “You’ve survived what you thought would destroy you. Now… get the fuck up, dust yourself off and keep pushing forward.” I have reread his tag as a reminder to myself that even though I have a bad day or stuff isn’t where I want it to be in my life that I’m still alive and there’s still time to fight. His writings are awesome, I always look forward to his poetry. They are real, raw and inspiring. I would highly recommend checking out his blog and interacting with him. I’ve had so much fun talking to him and sharing ideas. You won’t be disappointed!
Love Yourself which blogs are so inspiring! The name speaks for itself, the post are an awesome pick me up if you’re ever down. A vivid reminder of the good in each of our lives and how there’s always more for each of us in this world. One of my favorite positive bloggers to read. I always get excited when I see a new blog pop up because I know I will be lifted up and inspired to be my best self. I would definitely recommend reading some blog posts for an instant pick-me-up and fantastic read.
Both of these individuals are amazing bloggers that are enjoyable not only as writers but as people too. I highly recommend giving them a follow.
My Nominee’s are:
- Luna : This happens to be one of my favorite blogs on this site. I get lost for hours on her site reading all the different Gaming news, unboxings, series blogs and creative writing post. It’s a great mix of nerd meets awesome and there is a little something for everyone, or if you’re like me a lot of something. She was the first person’s post I’d read after every Game of Thrones because I loved her takes on things. Give her a follow, read some posts and drop some comments and you’ll see for yourself!
- Brett Little : One of my favorite poetry bloggers on this site. His words are emotions poured onto a page. When I read his thought provoking words I truly get inspired. He conveys the power and raw emotions of his feelings so gracefully. When I see one of his posts I definitely stop what I’m doing and sit down for a quick read. His words resonate which makes his work brilliant. Give him a follow, drop him a comment and check out his work. You’ll be hooked right away!
- Superwifeandmummy : Her writings are though provoking and so alluring, especially her poetry. Her words jump from the page dancing through my mind and speaking to my heart. Her Children’s Poetry is my favorite to read, so well put together and thought out. If you have kids worth the read and even reading it to them. Even if you don’t they are brilliant pieces of inspiration and fun. I’ve also really like her post called, “Thursday treat.” They’ve been great reads and are post I always look forward too. Want to check them out? Tomorrow a new one will be posted! Give her a follow, drop her a comment and enjoy her posting.
Nominees, here are the rules:
1) Create a new post stating that you’ve been nominated by me, linking my blog to your post.
2) Nominate other bloggers and let the cycle continue.
Taking a deep breath
She held it until he lungs hurt
Letting the air explode from her lungs
But ended in a sigh
She had to do this
There was no choice
Even knowing this didn’t help her move her leaden feet
Her free hand clung tightly to her black dress
Her other hand trembled uncontrolled as she clutched the card she made
She closed her eyes
Forcing her tears back
As she walked through the door
And signed the guest book
“With deepest sympathy, I will always love you my friend.”
via Daily Prompt: Sympathy
“What TV show would you bring back now and why?”
I was born in 1986, so I believe that this makes me a quintessential ‘90’s child. Starting the decade at 4 and ending the decade as a cynical 14-year-old. I was impressionable during this time so the TV, movies and music definitely aided in shaping me, even to this day. I usually cringe when I hear that some studio or network is redoing a show or movie from my youth. I always silently beg them not to ruin my childhood and most the time I am let down.
I would have to choose the show, “My So-Called Life.” This show, sadly, only ran one reason from 1994-1995. The show followed a group of teens at the fictional Liberty High school in Pennsylvania. The main character we followed was Angela Chase who lead us through the emotional turmoil and drama that teenagers face from their peers and family members.
The short-lived show hit a lot of hot topic social issues of the time, child abuse, homophobia, teenage alcoholism, homelessness, violence, censorship and drug use. What makes this show stand out in my mind even to this day is the fact that it was never a one episode resolved issue like many of its high school counterparts. The raw, gritty realness brought a viewership in and kept them hooked.
I believe this would be a timeless show because so many of the same issues are ones shared today among teenagers and their parents or guardians. The topics could be changed to anything and the fact that the issues and outcomes stay with each character is to real. Showing everyone that the actions you take do stay with you and you can let break you or you can learn and rise above them.
I would love to see Netflix reboot this show in the future. I believe the name alone would bring in 90’s kids and the concepts and realness of the issues and story lines would bring in a much wider audience.
Now, I leave this question with you: What TV show would you being back now and Why?
Feel free to answer in a comment, by piggybacking or in a post of your own. I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts and ideas! The best part about blogging isn’t the writing for me but the interaction with the community, so let’s interact! Let me know what you thought of my pick.