The piano’s melody lulling me into a sense of comfort
Allowing me to open my mind
Bypassing the masses
Side by side
So close but so far
No one speaks
Eyes gazed as they scroll through endless social feeds
I look at the world around me
Taking in all the simple beauties of the world
The welcome savior
Of the social media confides
via Daily Prompt: Congregate
Light tapping of rain on my window
Willing me awake
I grumble opening my eyes and gazing into the grey
The warmer water washing the ice and snow away
Softly placing my hand on the window, the cool glass taking over my warmth
Leaving an outline of my hand
It slowly fades as I lazily close the curtain
Spring is battling the long, cold, winter
The season changing
Revealing spring as the victor
The heat of summer will soon be seeping in
Slowly beginning to challenge the Spring
Taking the crown swiftly
The next contender waiting patiently
As I write this my heart sinks into my chest, heavy from the awfulness in this world. Looking across the beautiful countries of this Earth are saturated by violence and hate. From North Korea to Spain, Saudi Arabia to Africa and right here to my home in the USA. No place is unscathed from the vileness hate spews but those who hate are the few and we who embrace humanity are the many.
To those who have lost their lives in other countries my heart goes out to you and your loved ones left behind. To those who lost their lives in the senseless shootings in Las Vegas, NV my heart goes to you and your loved ones. I see so many well wishes, prayers and love sent from around the world to other countries and people in these hard times. I embrace your humanity and love and I hope you embrace mine.
Those who hold kindness and love in their hearts for their fellow human beings: We are the many and they are the few.
(The audio is in English but subtitled are in Spanish)
I sip my hot honey tea
As I breathe in this crisp morning air
The summer heat
Taken over by cool breeze
Wrapped in a hoodie and sweat pants
I smile as I see the leaves changing from green to beautiful autumn shades
Inspiring changes within myself
The month I love the most
Full of pumpkin spice
Welcome the new me
Two people in the blogging community just made my day. I have been nominated by GrabbetyCovens and Love Yourself for the Most Active Blogger Award. I am so happy, excited and blessed all at the same time. Having one blogger nominate me for anything makes me so happy, so having two amazing bloggers nominate me- I’m definitely on cloud 9 right now!
Now to talk about these amazing people:
GrabbetyCovens the tagline of his blog says it all, “You’ve survived what you thought would destroy you. Now… get the fuck up, dust yourself off and keep pushing forward.” I have reread his tag as a reminder to myself that even though I have a bad day or stuff isn’t where I want it to be in my life that I’m still alive and there’s still time to fight. His writings are awesome, I always look forward to his poetry. They are real, raw and inspiring. I would highly recommend checking out his blog and interacting with him. I’ve had so much fun talking to him and sharing ideas. You won’t be disappointed!
Love Yourself which blogs are so inspiring! The name speaks for itself, the post are an awesome pick me up if you’re ever down. A vivid reminder of the good in each of our lives and how there’s always more for each of us in this world. One of my favorite positive bloggers to read. I always get excited when I see a new blog pop up because I know I will be lifted up and inspired to be my best self. I would definitely recommend reading some blog posts for an instant pick-me-up and fantastic read.
Both of these individuals are amazing bloggers that are enjoyable not only as writers but as people too. I highly recommend giving them a follow.
My Nominee’s are:
- Luna : This happens to be one of my favorite blogs on this site. I get lost for hours on her site reading all the different Gaming news, unboxings, series blogs and creative writing post. It’s a great mix of nerd meets awesome and there is a little something for everyone, or if you’re like me a lot of something. She was the first person’s post I’d read after every Game of Thrones because I loved her takes on things. Give her a follow, read some posts and drop some comments and you’ll see for yourself!
- Brett Little : One of my favorite poetry bloggers on this site. His words are emotions poured onto a page. When I read his thought provoking words I truly get inspired. He conveys the power and raw emotions of his feelings so gracefully. When I see one of his posts I definitely stop what I’m doing and sit down for a quick read. His words resonate which makes his work brilliant. Give him a follow, drop him a comment and check out his work. You’ll be hooked right away!
- Superwifeandmummy : Her writings are though provoking and so alluring, especially her poetry. Her words jump from the page dancing through my mind and speaking to my heart. Her Children’s Poetry is my favorite to read, so well put together and thought out. If you have kids worth the read and even reading it to them. Even if you don’t they are brilliant pieces of inspiration and fun. I’ve also really like her post called, “Thursday treat.” They’ve been great reads and are post I always look forward too. Want to check them out? Tomorrow a new one will be posted! Give her a follow, drop her a comment and enjoy her posting.
Nominees, here are the rules:
1) Create a new post stating that you’ve been nominated by me, linking my blog to your post.
2) Nominate other bloggers and let the cycle continue.