The nerves kick in
Pacing the bland tile floor
Adding color to it with my vibes
Today was the day
Go into the world
Time to grow up
Signing that dotted line
Means I’m an adult
The small apartment is my haven
Making the empty space come to life
Grabbing my toothbrush, I smile
Remembering my mother’s words
“You can do anything, but keep a toothbrush and clean underwear, you don’t want to conquer the world without things that remind you tomorrow’s a new day.”
via Daily Prompt: Toothbrush
I am still new to the blogging world, so even to be considered for any award is exciting and inspiring. A big thank you goes out to Aparna_097 for thinking of me and nominating me for this award. Aparna’s poems are beautifully written, making the words come to life in your heart and mind. I will highly recommended checking out Aparna’s post and giving a follow.
The rules are as follows:
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them 3 questions.
- What was the best moment of your life?
Holly: Hmm. This is a hard question because life is made up of so many amazing moments that it’s hard to pick just one… The first moment that jumps in my mind is being asked to be a part of my best friend’s wedding. Being a part of the love and celebration was truly amazing.
- What inspire you the most, when you bounce back into the realm of sadness?
Holly: I actually write best when I’m in “the realm of sadness”, I feel like it helps me unlock all my other emotions and my brain works overtime trying to place my words correctly. I’m not always sad though! What normally pulls me out is the support of my friends and family.
- What compelled you to blog?
Holly: I’ve been writing for a long time and I was very limited on who I shared my writings with. After some encouragement from these people and a kick in the pants I made a blog. I wanted to share my writing with people, get their thoughts/feelings on it. I will only get better if I push myself to grow and my blog is how I can grow.
My Nominees are:
My Questions for the blogger’s nominated:
- What are the goals you have set for your blog and how do you hope to achieve those goals?
- What inspires you to write, especially when you have writer’s block?
- Give a random fact about yourself! 😀
Hello lovely fellow bloggers! It’s been a great day, especially here in our blogging community. I received a comment from RunawayNunsandLeprechauns saying that she had nominated me for the “Versatile Blogger Award”. I am so excited because I am new to the world of blogging, so even being thought of is such a HUGE thing. Thank you so much to RunawayNunsandLeprechauns for nominating me and letting me know that she is inspired by my writings. Nothing puts a smile on my face more than knowing people are enjoying what I post. If you haven’t checked out her blog I would highly recommend doing so. Her blog is so positive and inspirational you will not regret following her!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers of your choice.
- Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination.
7 Holly Factoids
- I love animals! I have 2 cats currently (Named Shocka and Elwyn).
- Spiders (of any size) are my kryptonite.
- I earned my 3rd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do before the age of 21.
- I’ve been to China and climbed the Great Wall.
- I love Roleplaying Games (RPGS) especially ones from Japan. Which makes me a PlayStation girl over XBOX.
- I love interacting and getting to know people in the blog community. I believe supporting each other in our creativity is the best thing in the world.
- I haven’t shared my writings much, outside of a handful of people, before I started my blog.
... AND THE NOMINEES ARE…
- Brett Little
- ananyaexpress ,Instinctive writing
- Unfiltered Mama
- Blue Settia
This was really hard for me to only pick 10 blogs to nominate for this award! I picked your blog because of the interaction we have had and how your writings inspire me. Now it’s your turn, please go nominate 10 fellow blogger’s that have inspired you. 😀